Bullet Points: Adrenalin: Fear The Rush
On November 29th, 1996 the world was introduced to the Christopher Lambert and Natasha Henstridge film, Adrenalin: Fear The Rush.
- The Premise: In the future, there’s a horrible virus that turns people into psychotic cannibalistic killing machines. A suspect has been infected and if he is not found and killed in two hours, he will become contagious and within days everyone in the world would become a cannibalistic killing machine. So four cops are sent in to track and take out “The Suspect”, two of the four just happen to be the stars of our film, Christopher Lambert (he plays Lemieux) and Natasha Henstridge (she plays Delon).
- The Suspect: As the movie progresses, we learn that The Suspect was horrible before he ever got the psycho cannibal killing machine virus and the reason he leads the cops on a chase in an abandoned prison is because he once resided there. The special effects used on The Suspect are well done. He definitely comes across a guy you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark, dank and abandoned prison. And as you can see from the picture above, you wouldn’t want to encounter him in the daylight either.
- The Director: I am going to go out on a limb and say not many people have accused Director Albert Pyun of being an optimistic guy. Adrenalin: Fear The Rush has half the world in quarantine. Another Pyun film, Cyborg (starring Jean-Claude Van Damme) depicts the future as a wasteland. He also wrote and directed Omega Doom, a movie about earth being taken over by an army of robots. If I ever met Alberty Pyun, I would likely say “Lighten up Francis”.
I won’t be adding Adrenalin: Fear The Rush to my movie collection, but it would not fall in my dreaded “What Not To Watch” category either.
Fans of Christopher Lambert or director Albert Pyun should definitely check Adrenalin: Fear The Rush out and having Natasha Henstridge on your TV is never a bad thing, although even her work as Alex Minetti in Maximum Risk doesn’t make me want to watch that movie again. There’s a blend of action, thriller and even a little horror with “The Suspect” running around ripping people’s heads off.
Now a few more things to look for while you are watching Adrenalin: Fear The Rush…
- One Question: If I opted to do a 5 Questions on this movie instead of a Bullet Points review, my first question would have undoubtedly been what happened to the “E” at the end of Adrenalin? Seriously why didn’t the just spell it ADRENALINE?
- Familiar Faces: Be on the look out for Andrew Divoff of Toy Soldiers and Extreme Justice fame… Also Nicolas Guest as Captain Rennard. Normally when I see Guest at this time of year it is in one of my favorite Christmas movies, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
- Favorite Quote: “Would somebody get this piece of sh*t out of my office? Thank you!” – Captain Rennard