Six Degrees of Action: Multiplicity/Replicant
One is a romantic comedy about a man who duplicates himself so he has enough time to do the things he wants to do. The other is an sci-fi action flick about the clone of serial killer that is created to help catch the actual killer.
These movies may both be about clones, but they couldn’t be more different. How do you connect them? Through Six Degrees of Action…
Multiplicity stars Michael Keaton as Doug Kinney. Kinney is a hard working man who is finding it increasingly difficult to find any time to himself because of his construction job and the obligations he has to his wife and family. He finds a unique situation to his problem when he volunteers for a cloning experiment.
1. Batman – Michael Keaton played Batman/Bruce Wayne in both Batman and Batman Returns. And while he would not return for Batman Forever (Val Kilmer) or Batman & Robin (George Clooney). Commissioner Gordon was played by Pat Hingle in all 4 movies.
2. The Gauntlet – Pat Hingle played Josephson in The Gauntlet. The Gauntlet starred Clint Eastwood as a cop who has to escort a witness in a high profile mob trial from Las Vegas to Phoenix.
3. Magnum Force – Eastwood played one of his most iconic characters, Dirty Harry Callahan, in the movie Maximum Force. The movie also starred David Soul as Davis. This was prior to his role as Detective Ken “Hutch” Hutchinson on Starskey and Hutch.
4. Pentathlon – Soul would play Nazi sympathizer, Heinrich Muller opposite Dolph Lundgren in Pentathlon.
5. Rocky IV – Lundgren skyrocketed to fame playing opposite Sylvester Stallone in Rocky IV. While Rocky Balboa is without question one of Stallone’s most iconic roles, he’s been able to find success in other movies like…
6. Cliffhanger – Stallone plays Gabe Walker in Cliffhanger. You can check out the review Chad did of Cliffhanger back on our first weekend in business by clicking here! Cliffhanger also stars Michael Rooker.
Rooker also played Detective Jake Riley, a cop forced to team up with a clone of serial killer, Edward Garrotte (both played by Jean-Claude Van Damme) in Replicant.